In the Media
- Listen to a panel discussion about Deer on Vashon including Vashon Nature Center Director Bianca Perla, officials from WDFW and local hunters on the Island Crossroads radio show, Voice of Vashon.
- Read about the Vashon Nature Center Salmon Watcher Program in the cover story of this Jan. 2014 Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber issue. Contact us if you would like to watch a creek.
- Follow the link to read about the Vashon Nature Center partnership with McMurray Middle School in this Nov. 2013 Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber issue. Each year we bring scientists into the school to work alongside students to do island stream macroinvertebrate research.
- Listen to a discussion on Vashon Salmon on Voice of Vashon’s Island Crossroads with VNC Director Bianca Perla, King County Basin Steward Greg Rabourn, and Land Trust Director Tom Dean.
- Read about our Ed Talks: Nature and the Environment annual citizen science symposium profiled in the Beachcomber May 11, 2016
- Learn about Vashon Nature Center’s research role in documenting local cases of seastar wasting disease profiled in the Beachcomber February 2016.
- The Coyote Working Group of which Vashon Nature Center is a part is interviewed in this August 15, 2015 Beachcomber article.
- Learn about our success in involving students in solving stormwater run-off issues in Shinglemill watershed!
- Vashon Nature Center is coordinating the Citizen Stewardship Committee for Washington State Department of Natural Resources Marine Aquatic Reserve on Maury Island. Read about one of our citizen monitoring programs profiled in the Beachcomber article in February 2017.
- Vashon Nature Center’s school programs were recently profiled in Soundings magazine.
(Featured photo by Bianca Perla)